Pimples are caused by excess oil, bacteria and dead skin cells that plug up your pores. There are several types of pimples:
- Blackheads and Whiteheads:
Blackheads or Whiteheads are small bumps that are caused by bacteria, oil and dead skin cells that block your pores and once they are blocked at the top of the bump they appear white thus called Whitehead. They are however easy to treat by buying recommended meditation at the store.
- Papules and Pustules:
These types of pimples are bigger and they are caused by an irritation in your pores further causing their walls to break. The difference between papules and pustules is that papules are hard at touch making your skin feel like sand paper while pustules are slightly similar to papules but yellowish in color and have liquid pus filling them appearing more like blisters.
With these type of pimples, it is recommended to visit a dermatologist.
- Nodules and Cysts:
These type of pimples are bigger and they go deeper in to your skin. They black your pores and get more irritating.
The difference between Nodules and Cysts is that Nodules are known to be hard while Cysts are softer and have pus.
It is recommended to see a doctor (dermatologist) for treatment.
These pimples tend to leave a red or a dark mark on your skin when they go away but the good news is that after a few days, they eventually fade away.
There are different types/ways to get rid and treat pimples.
Below are different methods of treatments for pimples:
1. Self-help pimple treatments:
- What you eat has a big impact on whether you will have pimples or not. If your diet includes high diary products and high glycerin index foods, then it will increase your chances of getting pimples.
- It is recommended to use medical nitration therapy in order to reduce pimple outbreaks.
Wash your face daily:
- It is recommended to wash your face twice Aa day and use a mild soap as well as warm water.
Avoid bursting the pimple:
- As tempting as it may seem if you try to burst your pimple, you may end up pushing the infection further down hence making it worse causing swelling and a redness appearance due to a serious blockage.
The urge to get rid of the pimple:
- If you have an urgent event like a wedding and it is important to get rid of the pimple, then it is advised to see a specialist for treatment.
Avoid touching your face:
- As hard as it may seem to refrain yourself, it is advised not to touch your face using your hands even when using a telephone, ensure that the receiver does not touch your face. If you must touch your face, then make sure that your hands are clean by washing them with soap and warm water.
- Ensure that your hand and nails are clean. Keep your nails short as well.
Wear loose clothes:
- For those who have pimples on their body then it recommended to wear loose clothes and avoid wearing caps, scarves or headbands thus allowing your skin to breathe.
- Make sure that you remove your make-up before you go to bed and use make-up that is non-acnegenic or non-ceomedogenic.
Keep your hair clean:
- Make sure that your hair is always clean because sebum and skin tend to collect in your hair.
Be careful while you shave:
- First, ensure you soften your skin with warm, soapy water before you start stark having and make sure that you use sharp safety razors or electric shaver.
2. Dermatologists Proved treatments for pimples:
Majority of the Dermatologists products include the following ingredients:
- This ingredient is a crystalline phenol that comes from different resins which helps break down whiteheads and blackheads. It can also be used to treat dandruffs, psoriasis and eczema.
- This treatment is highly recommended by dermatologists to treat pimples as well as acne. This acid safely kills bacteria and also dries up the excess oil that causes the pimples. It is recommended to be applied as soon as you feel the pimple forming. Facial soaps that contain this acid are also recommended which will also reduce the formation of pimples and acne that may appear later in the future.
- This type of ingredient is commonly found in medications used to treat pimples and acne. When you find a treatment with this ingredient, apply it twice every day until you notice that your pimple is all gone. Its main purpose is to dry all the excess oil and kill the bacteria that clog your pores.
Other treatments recommended by dermatologists include:
Use of Konjac sponge:
- This sponge will physically and gently exfoliate your skin thus helping your skin cell turnover.
Always keep you skin clean:
- Make sure to wash your face daily, at least twice a day because during the day, dirt has a tendency of sticking on your face as well as pollution from air and sweat which are the main causes of pimples and if you do not keep your face clean it will only make it worse.
You can try a steroid injection:
- For those who are suffering from Cystic pimples, it may be hard to get rid of them on your own; therefore it is recommended to go to your dermatologist to get a steroid injection which will help reduce the redness as well as swelling. Your pimple will soon disappear much faster than usual.