Eyeliner is a cosmetic that will define your eyes. It is usually applied around the contour of both your eyes so as to create the variety of aesthetics effects. There are various types of eyeliners that are available in the market and these are:
- This type of eyeliner is an opaque liquid that comes in a bottle and it is usually applied using a small brush that has a sharp tip which is used to create a sharp, precise line.
- It is recommended to apply on the upper lash-line because this type of eyeliner has a heavy appearance.
Powder based eyeliner:
- This type of eyeliner is usually in wood pencil form and it is in dark matter shades.
Wax based eyeliner:
- This type of eyeliner is in softer pencil form which contains wax to ease the application.
- This eyeliner has a variety of intense colors as well as paler shades like beige or white.
- This eyeliner is also in comes in a compact or a cone together with a brush applicator.
- This type of eyeliner is a soft powder that comes in dark matter shades. It is often used in black in order to outline your eyes. It comes in form of pressed powder, pencil or loose powder.
- It is important to know this type of eyeliner is known to smudge.
Solid gel automatic pencil:
- This type of eyeliner is very convenient as compared to the gel eyeliner and it preferably used with an applicator brush.
- This type of eyeliner is known to be a soft eyeliner that is easily applied using an eyeliner brush.
Below are the different eyeliner styles:
The natural look:
- This type of style is completely natural which you can dress up with different colors. For those going for a natural look, all you need to do is to line up your upper lid and if you have wide and you want them to appear smaller, all you need to do is to line up the whole eye.
- If you have smaller eyes and you want to make them appear bigger, all you need to do is to line the outer half of your lid.
- This type of eyeliner style is commonly used because it is quite popular and it will make you look pretty. To create this wings, you need to leave the bottom of your lid empty and just line your upper lid.
- The hardest part of this of doing this style is getting the angle at the edge of your eye for it to look flawless. Try to do the same with the other eye so that they can look exactly the same.
- This style will make your eye pop.
Double wings Eyeliner:
- This type of style is similar to the one winged style only you add another one and this second wing should be ticker than the first one so that it does look odd.
- If you intend to look extra stylish, you can use a different color for the second wing. Something shimmery is always good.
All Around eyeliner style:
- This type of style involves drawing a line around your entire eyes and outlining every inch. Your lower lid doesn’t have to be bare.
- Make sure to be careful because your eyes are sensitive and for those with small eyes if you do not do this well, your eyes will appear even more tiny.
Open wings eyeliner style:
- This type of style involves drawing a winged design on your upper lid and do the same on your lower lid but angle the end downwards as opposed to upwards.
- This can be tricky because you will be doing this all at once, but with practice, you will soon get the hang of it and look great every time.
Light on liner style:
- For those with beautiful eye shadows that you would like to show off, try not to go crazy with the eyeliner otherwise it will distract from your great other attributes.
- If you there are times you want to capture that natural look and with a thick eyeliner it will ruin that look for you.
- Using different cute colors can also come in handy and change your look without having to learn how to use different designs. All you need to do is buy a new eyeliner color that are easily accessible at the store. Colors like brown or green will give a different look as compared to black.
- This is recommended to those who are a Pro at using make-ups because you can also try using tricky designs. This design gets you to be creative, one that you suit you well.
The Thick and Intense style:
- This style is done using dot technique where you try to line your lids with a succession of dots which you will be able to smooth together. Try to smudge your eyeliner intensely on both your upper as well as lower lids.
- Make sure to line the inner part of your lower eyelid as well and you are hoping to get a dramatic look, you can apply a second layer just above the first one which you can use your eyeliner or eyeshadow.
The sultry look:
- This design is actually quite simple to do. First line your upper lids from the outside all the way in and then make sure to line your lower lids.
- Afterwards, take your eyeshadow and apply it over the lines you made. Then smudge your liner but not so much.