Castor oil is a commonly used ingredient for just about any ailment because of it anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. It is extracted by simply pressing the seeds of the castor plant that is known as Ricinus communis. This oil can also be used to cook vegetables. This ingredient is commonly used in cosmetics, medicines, soaps, textiles and even massage oils.
Below are the reasons why you should castor oil
This oil has various benefits and they include skin, hair and health benefits. Let us take a look at each benefit:
1.It heals inflamed skin
- Castor oil can be used to heal skin inflammation that is caused by acne, sunburns and also dry skin.
- Use a cotton ball to dip it in the castor oil and apply on the areas of your skin that is affected and then leave it for about an hour before washing your face.
- This procedure will help heal any kind of skin inflammations.
2. It reduces Aging
- The beauty about castor oil is that if used regularly, I can slow down aging. It works wonders by penetrating deeply and stimulating the production of elastin and collagen which later softens and hydrates your skin. This delays the wrinkles and fines lines that forms on your face and makes you look younger. This oil can also treat the fine lines around your eye.
3. It reduces Acne
- For those who have acne problems it is recommended to use castor oil because it is quite beneficial in reducing this problem by unclogging your pores.
- The procedure involves washing your face with warm water which will in turn open your pores and then take the oil and massage your face with it in a circular motion. Leave it overnight and then wash your face again the next day with cold water.
- Castor oil is known to be rich in Ricinoleic acid that penetrates through the skin layer hence becoming a perfect remedy because it helps to fight away the bacteria that causes acne.
4. It moisturizes skin
- Using this oil is the most inexpensive and effective moisturizer that will leave your skin smooth, supple and revitalized.
- First clean your face with water and then gently massage your face with the oil in circular motion. The fatty acids present in the oil penetrates through your skin and helps to remove the dry patches as well as it hydrates your skin.
5. It fades blemishes
- This type of oil fades away blemishes as well as scars. It may sometime but if used regularly it will produce great results. The same fatty acids present in the oil will penetrate into the scar tissue and then plump it out to encourage healthy tissues to grow around it thus the blemishes fade away.
6. It prevents stretch marks
- Because of the fatty acids in castor oil, when used regularly, it will help prevent stretch marks.
- It reduces pigmentation-
- Castor oil is excellent at clearing your skin from spots or marks. It is highly recommended by dermatologists to use this oil to treat uneven skin tone, marks as well as spots due to its ability to reduce pigmentation.
1.It promotes the growth of your hair
- Castor oil is a great remedy to help your hair grow. By massaging your scalp with this oil will help thicken your hair and also make it longer.
- The reason why it is very effective is because it boosts your blood circulation to the follicles thus leading to hair growth.
- Due to the Omega-9 fatty acids present in castor oil helps your hair to be healthy and it also reduces split ends and controls hair breakage.
2. It treats scalp infections
- Dandruffs, bald patches as well as itchy scalps are caused by scalp infection and by using castor oil, it will to get rid of these problems.
- Because of its antibacterial and antifungal properties, it will fight the microorganisms and pathogens from causing this infection.
3. It prevents premature graying
- When your hair starts turning gray, apply this oil in order to prevent your hair from losing more pigment.
- It commonly used to prevent premature graying and also retain its pigment thus delaying the process of turning your hair white or gray.
4. It conditions your hair
- Castor oil can be very effective in treating damaged and dry hair. Take 1 teaspoon of the castor oil and add it to the leave in conditioner and then shake it really well. Shampoo your hair and then afterwards use the mixture.
- This oil which has humectant property will contribute to locking the moisture in your hair which will in turn prevent your hair from drying up instead it will make it softer as well as smoother.
1.It treats ringworms
- This oil treats ringworms effectively due to the undecylenic acid found in the oil.
2. It disinfects wounds
- This oil acts as an excellent disinfectant on scrapes and cuts because of its antimicrobial property and its anti-inflammatory property helps to relieve the pain.
3. It acts as a laxative
- Castor oil has Ricinoleic acid which induces laxation. By consuming the oil, it will help for those suffering from constipation.
4. It reduces Joint pains or Arthritis
- This oil is known to be one of the best remedy for treating any joint pains that are caused by Arthritis. It provides relief from the tissue pain.
- Take a piece of soft cotton fabric and soak it the oil and then squeeze out the excess oil and then place then place it on the affected joint. Use a plastic wrap to cover it and then place a hot water bottle on it. Leave it for about an hour.
5. It boosts immunity
- Castor oil is known to increase the defense mechanism of your body. It is commonly used by naturopathy practitioners and it is highly recommended.
- When you use this oil regularly, it will increase the number of T-11 cells which signals a boost in the defense mechanisms in your body and also form antibodies against toxins and pathogens thus promoting better health.