Homemade facial masks is very efficient, less expensive and also very easy to make. If you are looking to give your face the best care and you do not have the time or money to spend, the good news is that you do not have to go further than your kitchen. Some of the best homemade facial masks are:
Banana Facial Masks:
- Bananas are commonly used to moisturize your skin and also leave it with a soft feel. To make this mask, you will need to mash a medium sized ripe banana until it is a smooth paste, then apply it gently on your face as well as your neck.
- Leave it on your face for about 20 minutes and then rinse your face using cold water.
- You can also make this mask by using additional ingredients like 2 tablespoons of honey, ¼ cup of just plain yogurt and 1 medium banana. Blend this all these ingredients well and use the same procedure you used earlier.
- This mask is recommended to those with acne problems.
Vinegar Facial Masks:
- This type of facial mask is commonly known and highly effective. All you need to do is mix 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar together with 2 cups of water as a finishing rinse in order to cleanse as well as tighten your skin.
- This facial mask can also be made by taking ¼ cup of cider vinegar and mix it well with ¼ cup of Water then this mixture gently on your face and leave it to dry.
Milk facial masks:
- This type of mask is made by mixing a ¼ cup of powdered milk with some enough to make a thick paste then apply this paste on your face and leave it to dry for a while. Afterwards, rinse it off using warm water and your face will not only feel fresh but also rejuvenated.
Mayonnaise Facial Masks:
- This type of facial mask is way less expensive and can easily be found in your refrigerator. All you need to do is apply your mayonnaise on your face and let it sit there for 20 minutes. Later wipe your face and rinse using cool water
- Afterwards, your face will feel smooth as well as clean.
Yogurt Facial masks:
- This type of facial mask involves applying some plain yogurt all over your face and leave it for 20 minutes and this will cleanse your skin as well as tighten your pores. You can also make this facial mask by mixing 1 teaspoon of plain yogurt as well as a ¼ slice of squeezed orange, 1 teaspoon of aloe and some of the orange pulp. Let it sit on your face for about 5 minutes and then rinse it off.
Mustard Facial Masks:
- This facial mask involves patting your face with some mild yellow mustard and let it soothe and stimulate your face. It is recommended to test it on a small area on your skin just to make sure that it does not irritate your skin.
Egg Facial Masks:
- This type of facial mask is recommended for those with dry skin because it moisturizes your skin. It involves separating the egg white from the yolk and beat the yolk and apply it on your face.
- For those with an oily skin, use the egg white and mix it well with a bit of lemon or honey then apply on your face. For those with a normal skin, just use an entire egg and then apply it on your face. Let it sit there for about 30 minutes and then rinse it off.
Honey and Papaya Lightening Mask:
- This type of mask is recommended to those with sunspots, hyper pigmentation or even uneven pigment. It involves blending all the ingredients which is 2 tablespoons of honey and ½ a cup of ripe papaya that is mashed and then apply this mixture on your face. Leave it for about 20 minutes and later you can rinse it off with warm water.
Honey Citric Mask:
- This type of mask provides an organic healthy glow. It involves mixing 3 tablespoons of orange juice with ½ a cup of honey. Then apply this mixture on your face and let it sit for about 30 minutes.
- Afterwards rinse it off with warm water and then cool water.
The breakfast mask:
- This type of mask entails protein and some whole grains and it is recommended to those with oily skin. It involves mixing egg yolk, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of honey and ½ a cup of oatmeal.
- Then apply this mixture on your face and let it sit for about 20 minutes. Afterwards, rinse it off using warm water.
Hydrating Strawberry Facial Mask:
- Strawberries are known to be rich in Vitamin C and also hydroxyl acid which exfoliates your skin. The ingredients to make this mask include: a ¼ cup of bee pollen, 10 strawberries, 1 tablespoon of olive oil mayonnaise, 3 tablespoons of raw honey and a few drops of lavender oil.
- Take all these ingredients and mix them well and then apply on your face but make sure to avoid your eyes. Let it sit for about 20 minutes. Later rinse it off using warm water.
- The olive oil in the ingredient will moisturize your skin because of its antioxidants properties and the mayonnaise will soften your skin.
Beer Facial Mask:
- An interesting fact, beer is also known as a soothing cleanser. To make this type of mask, you need 1 egg white, 2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice and ½ a cup of beer. Then combine all the ingredients together and apply to your face. Let it sit for about 10 minutes and afterwards rinse your face using warm water.
- Beer is known to contain Vitamin B and yeast which dissolves skin dead cells hence increasing your skin’s luminosity and the mixture of the egg white and beer will hydrate and improve the elasticity of your skin.